What is new in the area of skin rejuvenation?
- We use the elos technology, which combines light energy (intense pulsed light) with electrical energy—radiofrequency (RF).
- When pulsed against the face, the photons strike the skin and release its energy in the form of heat
- This heat is selectively absorbed by dark spots (hyper-pigmentation) and causes them to fade
- The heat is also absorbed by the tiny blood vessels (broken veins & capillaries) in the skin and begin to shrink them
- The heat also stimulates the fibroblasts to produce new microscopic collagen which softens the texture of the face and begins to decrease the size of large pores
What is the difference between regular skin rejuvenation and advanced skin rejuvenation?
- The difference is in the different applicators and the wavelengths they use
- The SR (skin rejuvenation) hand piece covers the 580-980 nm portion of the spectrum
- This is used for garden variety sun-damaged skin and safer for darker skin types
- The SRA (skin rejuvenation advanced) covers the 470-980 portion of the spectrum
- This shorter wavelength means higher power, and is used for severe or resistant discolorations on the skin. Must be used cautiously on darker skin types.
What is the treatment protocol?
- Both types of skin rejuvenation treatments are in a series of five treatment performed once every three weeks
- Then a single treatment once every 3-4 months for maintenance as sunlight will eventually take you back to where you started
- We recommend each treatment be preceded by a microdermabrasion
- This sand blasts off that dead outer layer of skin, allowing the IPL to penetrate deeper
- This constitutes the first of three treatments that constitute the Triniti ™ Program
How much does it cost?
- Microdermabrasion preceding each IPL treatment is $65
- The regular Skin Rejuvenation treatment is $250 per treatment
- The Skin Rejuvenation Advanced (SRA) is $500 per treatment
- Package prices are available—prepay four, and the fifth treatment is free